[wildfly-dev] Console and feature packs

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 00:18:55 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Now that we have the initial feature pack and provisioning stuff working
I have been thinking a bit about what we should do with the console. I
think it makes the most sense to just have the console as a separate
feature pack, as this gives us the maximum amount of flexibility. In
particular this will make it easy to provision Wildfly-core and
Wildfly-web instances with or without the console as required.

Assuming we go down this route this gives us a few options as to where
this should live:

- Wildfly Core repo - This would not be part of a standard core build,
but would just build another feature pack with only the console (like
this:
https://github.com/stuartwdouglas/wildfly-core/compare/console-feature-pack).

- Its own repo - We could create a new repo just for this, but it seems
like overkill.

- The console project - This would mean that the feature pack would then
be versioned using the same scheme as the console, every time the
console was released the feature pack should be ready immediately.

- Somewhere else - The full WF distro, or the upcoming wildfly-web repo
for instance.

For what it is worth I think that it would make the most sense for this
to live in the console project, as this gives us the maximum flexibility.

Stuart