[wildfly-dev] Cassandra Subsystem

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 08:52:25 EDT 2014

Well, I have a bias of course, but it seems to me like you could just
add Cassandra and its dependencies as modules and then launch it like this:

     String javaHome = System.getProperty("java.home");
     ProcessBuilder pb = new ProcssBuilder(
	javaHome + File.pathSeparator + "bin" + File.pathSeparator + "java",
         ...jvm args...,
         "-jar",
         "jboss-modules.jar",
         "-mp",
         "modules",
         "org.whatever.cassandra",
         ...cassandra args...);
     ...set up I/O redirection here...
     Process p = pb.start();

On 09/19/2014 03:12 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:

> David,
>
> I've been thinking more about your proposal to treat the cassandra daemon as a subprocess. Currently the cassandra dependencies are installed along side the module. How would I pass the classpath to the subprocess? Is there a way to get to the CP, similar to the way an URLClassLoader exposes it? Or how could it be achieved with JBoss modules?
>
> /Heiko
>
> On 26 Aug 2014, at 17:36, David M. Lloyd <david.lloyd at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, you could have a service that controls the cassandra daemon as a
>> service and uses whatever its default network API is for communications.
>>   This should be safe and reliable as of JDK 7.
>>
>> Just a suggestion in case embedding becomes an untenable proposition.
>>
>> On 8/26/14, 8:23 AM, Heiko Braun wrote:
>>>

>>> Not sure I can follow. Do you refer to the System.exit() calls?

>> --
>> - DML

- DML