[wildfly-dev] (WFCORE-640) Platform and User Specific Unit Tests

Brandon Gaisford bgaisford at punagroup.com
Tue Apr 14 15:47:55 EDT 2015

Hello,

I’m code complete on WFCORE-640 and have completed my development testing on OS X and Windows 7.  This feature deals with resolution of file permissions and I’m not sure how best to proceed with the creation of unit tests and subsequent Maven integration.  Not being very familiar with the build and release process I thought others may have some advice.

Does the current build process get executed on both *nix and Windows platforms?  Platform specific unit test init scripts need to be executed to construct a folder hierarchy with specific file/folder permissions required for later tests.   On the Windows side, those init scripts should be executed as an administrator user and the unit tests executed as a non-administrator user.

Use case:  Given a directory path and a properties file name, determine whether a given user of the system may update the properties file.

Test cases:

Directory path contains folders w/o read and execute permissions
Properties file has Read Only property set (Windows)
Properties file is not writable
Properties file in not readable
Etc.

Thanks,