[wildfly-dev] Should management interfaces be in a subsystem?

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Apr 20 05:38:17 EDT 2015

The Elytron Subsystem fits that 100%, the Elytron Subsystem is providing
a set of services that return either standard Java types or types
defined within the Elytron project.

If another subsystem chooses to provide a set of services with the same
set of capabilities then the whole Elytron subsystem could be removed.
Of course the core of the server is still going to depend on Elytron
APIs but the subsystem providing those services is interchangeable.

As an example within KeyCloak they are currently looking at adding realm
support to their subsystem, should they also provide the remaining
services they could technically create a distribution based on WildFly
100% backed by KeyCloak and drop the Elytron subsystem.  At the same
time we end up with no hard dependencies on any other providers of these
services.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.