[wildfly-dev] Management operation for legacy subsystem migration

Tomasz Adamski tadamski at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 16:09:57 EDT 2015

>From the iiop perspective:
Conversion between subsystems is fairy staightforward as they are very similiar. The problem is that the jacorb subsystem, from which :migrate operation is executed, has also a compatibility subsystem role. What is more it behaves differently in standalone and domain mode. Standalone subsystem emulates jacorb and as a result of that it checks that all properties can be emulated - it they can't the server won't start. On the other hand domain controller does not reject properties as it may send them to hosts with jacorb subsystem. So migrate operation in standalone mode works the way Jeff describe it but the "rinse and repeat" stage is moved to server startup. It has a runtime though. Migrate operation in domain mode requires discussion. Point 3 does not apply to iiop - no data is moved.

--
Tomasz Adamski
Software Engineer