[wildfly-dev] Why do we need 'profile' information in the registered jdbc drivers?

Lin Gao lgao at redhat.com
Mon Aug 3 04:08:37 EDT 2015

Hi,

  Does any body know that why do we need 'profile' information in the registered jdbc drivers? See: https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/connector/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/connector/services/driver/InstalledDriver.java#L42

  Shouldn't the information like: driver-name, driver-module, driver-class-name, data-source-class-name, version etc, be enough for the
registered jdbc drivers? Thank you very much!

Best Regards.
--
Lin Gao
Software Engineer