[wildfly-dev] Migration management operation - open questions

Ladislav Thon lthon at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 02:27:11 EDT 2015

> The approach I took was to add the warnings to the describe-migration
> op, and when running the migrate op make the describe-migration
> operation the first step in the composite, so the output looks like
> this: http://pastebin.com/B01KNAHX

The fact that it's a composite operation makes the output a bit cryptic
(step-X?), but otherwise I think it's actually good.

I guess that only handling the warnings in :describe-migration makes the
implementation easier (not sure?) and printing :describe-migration as a
part of :migrate makes sense too, precisely because it shows the steps
that are performed.

So my only objection would be those cryptic "step-X" names, but I guess
that we can live with that (if all :migrate operations took the same
approach; inconsistency wouldn't really help here).

LT