[wildfly-dev] Migration management operation - open questions

Jeff Mesnil jmesnil at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 05:00:46 EDT 2015

> On 20 Aug 2015, at 20:06, Jason Greene <jason.greene at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have a such an use case where I can’t migrate feature from the legacy messaging subsystem to the new messaging-activemq subsystem.
>>
>> In the legacy subsystem, HA policy is driven by 2 attributes on the hornetq-server resource (shared-store and backup which both are BOOLEAN attribute that allow expressions).
>> In the new messaging-activemq subsystem, HA policy is configured by different child for the ha-policy resource (shared-store-slave, shared-store-master, replication-master, replication-slave and others).
>>
>> During the migration, I can not just read the values of the share-store and backup attributes to determine the type of ha-policy to use in the new subsystems. If they use expressions, their values are determined by the system properties set for each server.
>
> That’s detectable though right? If there is no expression is it mappable?

Yes it is.
I ended up doing that in my PR[1]: if there is no expressions involved, I can unambiguously map the legacy HA configuration to a new one.
Otherwise, I discard the HA configuration and warns the user that its new messaging-activemq subsystem will not have HA configured properly.

jeff

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/pull/7977
--
Jeff Mesnil