[wildfly-dev] Modular classloader to verify against duplicates and ambiguities?

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 11:25:30 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Personally, I would totally love such an appserver who's going to yell at
> me:
> "you bundled two copies of blah, I refuse to deploy that!".
>
> Or similarly: "you're bundling Hibernate, but we're giving it to you
> already as we recognized a JPA app and you didn't disable the embedded
> module!"
>
> "Seriously, one more copy of the JTA API ?"

I've actually done some initial work on this, but never managed to get code
to some "stable" phase
where it could be used for some more than just demo purposes. (it was
presented at London JBUG last year)

But idea was to do just that, have configurable set of "problematic"
bundled jars / classes
that server would than yell at you about.

hence the name silly deployment detector.
code of it could be found https://github.com/ctomc/wildfly-sdd

With some more effort it could be brought to usable tool to help with
messed up deployments.

--
tomaz