[wildfly-dev] Do we support overlay for files in jar of war of ear?

Lin Gao aoingl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 11:17:38 EST 2015

Hi,

    I am working on https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFCORE-761 for a while,
and I am stuck in the case of overlaying files in jar of war of ear.

    I want to know that do we support overlay for files in jar of war of
ear? like: xx.ear/yy.war/zz.jar/META-INF/config.properties

    DeploymentOverlayDeploymentUnitProcessor.java[1] and
DeferredDeploymentOverlayDeploymentUnitProcessor.java[2] are classes to
handle the deployment overlay, but in this case, the jar of war of ear does
not get mounted yet, which leads
to DeferredDeploymentOverlayDeploymentUnitProcessor.handleEntryWithFileParent()
method is called, which just prints the error message.

   The way to fix it maybe mount the jar(VFS.mountZip) beforehand, but it
is specific to the case of ear/war/jar, and these 2 classes are more
generic(they are in wildfly-core, no ee nor undertow extension), so where
this can be fixed?

[1]
https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-core/blob/master/server/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/server/deployment/DeploymentOverlayDeploymentUnitProcessor.java
[2]