[wildfly-dev] Serialization issue when using local instance

sri.kmb at gmail.com sri.kmb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 02:37:07 EST 2015

Hello Guys,

I've been noticing the following issues in my ear application server in
JBoss AS.

Version : JBoss AS 7.1.1-Final

1) Serialization is happening when using local view of an ejb. Is that
possible?
2) Cdi/weld injection (using @Inject) of ejb within a ear module : local or
remote proxy view? what's expected?
3) How to configure the preference (local or remote) of injection for each
deployment?

I just printed the instance of the injected bean in the log to
differentiate its nature.
1) Local instance  => "Proxy for view class:
com.xxx.yy.core.service.SampleService of EJB: SampleServiceImpl"
2) Remote instance => "Proxy for remote EJB
StatelessEJBLocator{appName='sample', moduleName='core', distinctName='',
beanName='SampleServiceImpl', view='interface
com.xxx.yy.core.service.SampleServiceRemote'}"

Is my above assumption correct?

Sample code (another issue) is in the stackoverflow :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28229336/injecting-ejb-bean-using-cdi

I wanted to avoid the unnecessary serialization happening within a module.
I can't disable the jboss serialization, because I've an another ear module
which communicates using the remote view (pass by value).

I also tried to debug/understand the jboss source code but i couldn't,
because there are lot of missing parts. Since It has many modules hosted in
different places, not easy to setup and debug for new developer. Is there a
guide or wiki which talks about how the jboss/wildfly works *internally*.
It would be helpful if someone shares that links (other than
HackingOnWildfly/HackingAS7usingEclipse wiki's).

Thanks

--
~Sriram~