[wildfly-dev] [Wildfly Maven Plugin] Skip start and shutdown

Thomas Segismont tsegismo at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 04:59:54 EST 2015

Hi,

Recently I've sent a pull request[1] so that the Wildfly Maven plugin
can skip start and shutdown.

In RHQ and Hawkular metrics projects, we use the Wildfly Maven plugin to
start a server and deploy an application for integration testing.

To sum up, we attach the following goals to different build phases:
* pre-integration-test -> start
* pre-integration-test -> deploy
* post-integration-test -> shutdown

The deploy goal has a skip parameter[2]. But the start and shutdown
goals haven't. So when we disable tests, we can skip the deploy phase
but Maven will still start and stop the Wildfly server.

I've tested a local build of the plugin with the changes. On the
Hawkular metrics rest-tests module, build time goes from 15 seconds down
to 5 seconds when start and stop goal are skipped.

Can somebody please have a look at the PR?

Thanks,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-maven-plugin/issues/26
[2]