[wildfly-dev] Batch Deployments

James R. Perkins jperkins at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 19:29:45 EST 2015

I'm not sure I could use that. It would likely be a performance impact
doing a JNDI lookup on each JobInstance. Also if the name of the app
changes, for example it's deployed with a suffix of 1.0.1 and then
1.0.2, you'd lose  previously run jobs for the app.

Unless of course I'm misunderstanding what you meant :)

On 02/19/2015 03:13 PM, Kohei Nozaki wrote:
> As to querying history of execution, job_instance.applicationname would help distinguish between deployments.
>
> On Feb 20, 2015, at 1:49, James R. Perkins <jperkins at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm working on allowing batch jobs to be viewed in the management model
>> and I'm running into some issues.
>>
>> Batch jobs require a XML file to start. Per the batch spec that the XML
>> files can be found outside of the archive, for example somewhere on the
>> file system. If the job XML isn't found there it looks in the
>> META-INF/batch-jobs directory for the job XML.
>>
>> Batch repositories are global for all applications. All deployments can
>> see all other deployments job status and query information about the
>> jobs. They can't start or restart jobs for other deployments, but
>> they're viewable.
>>
>> Here lies the problem. It seems batch jobs, at least from the management
>> view, should be limited to the deployment the job was run on. I'm
>> considering only allowing job XML files in the META-INF/batch-jobs to be
>> viewable via management. Though there is still a chance two different
>> deployments could use the same job name (the name of the job XML file)
>> which would show the jobs run by the two different deployments with the
>> same job name.
>>
>> I can't think of another way to isolate jobs from the repository to link
>> to a deployment. If anyone else has any ideas let me know. There is no
>> spec for the repository so we can do whatever we want really.
>>
>> --
>> James R. Perkins
>> JBoss by Red Hat

James R. Perkins