[wildfly-dev] WF 8 vs EAP 6 and use of -b

Phil Festoso pfestoso at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 12:49:08 EST 2015

More context is needed. Apologies.

In EAP 6, I'm restricted to the known loopback address. So, if I try -b  127.0.1.1, the service won't start without adding an alias to the lo interface. In WF 8.2 I've had success using anything under 127.0.*.* without the need for an alias. This is true for RHEL 6.5 and 7 with oracle jdk 1.7_71, and does not work on my win 7 pc at home, so there might be something to the notion that this behavior is dependent on JDK/OS pairings.

Hope that clarifies things. Thanks for the responses.