[wildfly-dev] Including Keycloak client adapters in WildFly 10

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Jul 3 07:40:49 EDT 2015

Keycloak provides an adapter, including a WildFly extensions, to make it easier to add authentication to JavaEE applications with Keycloak.

It includes a few modules. Currently 8 Keycloak specific modules and one 1 third-party. The third-party is net.iharder.base64.

As the WildFly extensions includes a deployment processor that configures the authentication method as well as dependencies for a deployment it's easy to add authentication to a JavaEE application. All you need to do is specify it in standalone.xml, for example:

  <secure-deployment name="mywar.war">
    <realm>myrealm</realm>
    <realm-public-key>MIIBIjAN...</realm-public-key>
    <auth-server-url>http://localhost:8081/auth</auth-server-url>
    <ssl-required>EXTERNAL</ssl-required>
    <resource>mywar</resource>
    <credential name="secret">675356d8-2b6b-4602-a74f-7079e0555885</credential>
  </secure-deployment>

I'd like to explore if we can add this extension and the required modules directly to WildFly 10, rather than require users to add it themselves.