[wildfly-dev] CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long

Gandikota, Murthy mgandikota at westechmed.com
Tue Jul 7 19:56:44 EDT 2015

>What command are you running when you get this?
>any stack trace?

An engineer in my org has encountered while running a java process with a very long classpath on Windows 7. As Eduardo has indicated, there are a few options: eg. Pathing jar. Apparently there is no easy fix. If you could kindly provide one, I’d be grateful.

Here is the specific error we are seeing:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.cxf:cxf-java2ws-plugin:3.0.4:java2ws (process-classes-ivr) on project xyz: Error while executing process. Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_40\jre\bin\java.exe" (i
n directory "C:\dev\mycom\code\xyz\target"): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long -> [Help 1]

Regards