[wildfly-dev] Module dependencies WF10

John O'Hara johara at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 11:18:33 EDT 2015

On 17/06/15 16:07, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 June 2015 07:56 PM, John O'Hara wrote:
>> When I build WF10 in a build env. and move the built app server to a
>> different env. I am unable to start WF10.
> Are you sure you aren't copying over the distribution from
> WFLY_SRC_CHECKOUT_HOME/build/target/ folder? You should instead be using
> the one from WFLY_SRC_CHECKOUT_HOME/dist/target/
>
> -Jaikiran
>
>>    This is due to the modules
>> now resolving jars from the local maven repo. The build process
>> downloads and installs the required jars to local maven repo. that are
>> not available on the target environment.
>>
>> Is there a way to either
>> a) build WF10 and package all the module jars into the build so that it
>> is portable,
>> or b) for the WF10 bootstrap process to download missing packages from a
>> remote maven repo on startup where any modules are missing in the local
>> repo?
>>
>> Thanks

Is this something that has changed since WF8? I might be wrong, but I am
certain i used to grab the build from build/target before?
(I have not tried this with WF9)

--
John O'Hara
johara at redhat.com

JBoss, by Red Hat
Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Registered in UK and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903 Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA), Matt Parsons (USA) and Michael O'Neill (Ireland).