[wildfly-dev] Capability naming conventions

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 15:28:39 EDT 2015

On 6/13/15 4:00 AM, Kabir Khan wrote:

>> On 12 Jun 2015, at 22:31, Brian Stansberry <brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 6/12/15 4:24 PM, David M. Lloyd wrote:
>>

>>> Sounds good to me.  I'd like to add that internally, we should make sure
>>> we continue to maintain some registry of our org.wildfly name spaces
>>> somewhere (maybe even just a git repository would be OK) so we don't
>>> conflict among ourselves.
>>>

>> Like a text file per capability, with some doc on the capability in the
>> file? Files organized in a tree from the names?
>>
>> That sounds good; much better than some wiki.
> +1
> I don’t know enough about this yet to suggest a format, but having it somewhere in the source is a lot better than a wiki. A wiki brings to mind that horrible log ids page we used for AS 7.

How about this?

https://github.com/bstansberry/wildfly-capabilities

The README.md explains things pretty clearly.

At this point it just has the capabilities currentl in core, including
unmerged ones added in the PR at

https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-core/pull/810

That repo has a LICENSE file, which specifies ASL 2.0. I don't know if
such a thing is really necessary, or if some other license, like
Creative Commons, is more appropriate.