[wildfly-dev] Getting ManagedThreadFactory in a subsystem

Eduardo Martins emartins at redhat.com
Fri Jun 26 12:07:50 EDT 2015

ManagedThreadFactory is useful only for app code, it creates threads which run its task with the invocation context (class loader, jndi, security, etc.) present when the thread was created. From what I understood on your previous mail you want to create a subsystem owned thread, thus makes no sense to use the ManagedThreadFactory to create it.

By the way, JNDI is truly an app code resource, subsystem code should use a MSC service that is injected (through a dependency) with what was bound to JNDI, for instance the UserTransaction is managed by the service named

org.jboss.as.txn.service.UserTransactionService.SERVICE_NAME

so for a subsystem’s service to depend on it, and get injected with its value, on its creation do:

serviceBuilder.addDependency(UserTransactionService.SERVICE_NAME, UserTransaction.class, service.getValueToInjectWithUserTransaction());

Same recipe for BeanManager or any other resource, all you need is to find the name of the service that manages it. But beware, the subsystem will then depend on the subsystem managing such resource…

—E