[wildfly-dev] MORE_JAVA_OPTS in standalone.sh

Jaikiran Pai jai.forums2013 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:22:26 EDT 2015

Hi Arun,

The WildFly startup scripts allow you to *override* the JAVA_OPTS by
setting an environment variable of that same name. See the
standalone.conf (for *nix OS) file for details. From what I see, there's
no option to append to the default JAVA_OPTS, by setting an environment
variable. This could be worked around (in a bit brittle manner) by
setting the overriding environment variable value to contain the default
JAVA_OPTS (copied over from standalone.conf) plus the other
custom/specific ones that the caller wants to pass.

-Jaikiran