[wildfly-dev] WF10 Deployment Changes

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 08:50:39 EDT 2015

On 03/18/2015 05:12 AM, Hardy Ferentschik wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 07:13:37PM -0400, Scott Marlow wrote:
>> Currently, Hibernate 4.3 is building its own Jandex IndexView [2] but we
>> could probably build/pass one in (via "hibernate.jandex_index"), so that
>> Hibernate won't build its own indexes anymore.  We discussed doing this
>> for integrating with Hibernate 5.0 (WFLY-3291) but the same should also
>> work for 4.3.x.
>
> Interesting, afair 4.3 does not use Jandex. I wonder whether there is really a
> need for Jandex in 4.3? I can see it contains the metamodel code, but that could
> be removed afaiu.

[1][2] shows that the ORM EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl is using
Jandex.  We are using EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl to create the
persistence unit in two phases (1st phase for enhancing/rewriting entity
classes and 2nd phase later when other resources are available).

Scott

[1]
https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/blob/4.3/hibernate-entitymanager/src/main/java/org/hibernate/jpa/boot/internal/EntityManagerFactoryBuilderImpl.java#L150

[2]