[wildfly-dev] MORE_JAVA_OPTS in standalone.sh

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 08:55:56 EDT 2015

On 2015-03-18 8:48 AM, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> On 2015-03-18 8:42 AM, Arun Gupta wrote:
>> I'd like to not override the default JAVA_OPTS used by WildFly,
>> instead add my own value to it. I think that's where MORE_JAVA_OPTS or
>> EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS could be useful.
>>
>> Copy/pasting the existing JAVA_OPTS and including my own does not feel right :)
> JAVA_OPTS="${JAVA_OPTS} <your new args>"
Ah, I understand now, you don't want to modify your standalone.conf file.

Maybe we could source a custom .conf file so some additional changes
could be made w/o touching the shipped one.

So after

if [ -r "$RUN_CONF" ]; then
     . "$RUN_CONF"
fi

we'd also source some other file CUSTOM_CONF to get any changes.

Fernando