[wildfly-dev] WF10 Deployment Changes

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 08:56:52 EDT 2015

On 03/17/2015 07:45 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

>> Currently, Hibernate 4.3 is building its own Jandex IndexView [2] but we
>> could probably build/pass one in (via "hibernate.jandex_index"), so that
>> Hibernate won't build its own indexes anymore.  We discussed doing this
>> for integrating with Hibernate 5.0 (WFLY-3291) but the same should also
>> work for 4.3.x.
>>

> We cannot pass our Jandex indexes into Hibernate until the
> deployment-service-restart changes are merged into WildFly (or something
> like that).  On a partial restart, we will need access to the Jandex
> indexes, which need to be rebuilt (as already pointed out by Jason on
> this thread).

For WF 9, we could also try a hybrid approach.  Use the Jandex indexes
when they are available (e.g. first time application is deployed) and
let Hibernate build the Jandex indexes on a partial restart
(Attachments.ANNOTATION_INDEX entries will not be found in deployment
resource roots).

The downside of passing "hibernate.jandex_index" into Hibernate, is that
both WildFly + Hibernate ORM, will need to use compatible Jandex jars.