[wildfly-dev] Preparation for requirements and capabilities.

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Thu Mar 19 06:20:09 EDT 2015

Assuming the title still covers the scenarios I have in mind is there
anything we can be doing now to prepare for requirements and
capabilities support to make transitioning easier once it is available.

As an example within Elytron we will have a number of services that
define either standard types or types defined by API that we want to
inject - is there anything we can do today for subsystems that want to
say "I want a type X, named Y injected here" whilst minimising
interaction with and knowledge of the Elytron subsystem.

Secondly is there anything we can do at the model level regarding
assisting the user with referential integrity, as an example say I am
writing an attribute using the CLI called 'keystore', this is going to
be a reference to a named KeyStore - how about some form of op
associated with that attribute that can dynamically generate the list of
accepted values on demand, e.g. by querying the model and finding out
which KeyStores are actually available.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.