[wildfly-dev] WFLY-4169 Wildfly doesn't fail on deployment EJB with CDI @Transactional

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 09:44:34 EDT 2015

DeploymentUnitProcessingException is fine. Whether that triggers
rollback of the deployment or not is not the concern of the DUP.

In this case it doesn't roll back because the deployment scanner is
configured not to roll back deployment ops on runtime failures:

<deployment-scanner path="deployments"
relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir" scan-interval="5000"
runtime-failure-causes-rollback="${jboss.deployment.scanner.rollback.on.failure:false}"/>

Change that last attribute to "true" or use the CLI or console to
deploy, both of which use 'true' by default and you should see the
deployment rolled back.

Senior Principal Software Engineer