[wildfly-dev] Dropping legacy XSD schemas & its parsers

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:55:38 EDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Darran Lofthouse <
darran.lofthouse at jboss.com> wrote:

> If we can document a way EAP users can use EAP 6.4 and JBoss AS7 /
> WildFly users can use WildFly 9.0.0.Final in admin only mode to read in
> legacy config and write it as the latest then technically no one should
> be blocked if they happen to use a schema version now removed.

Yes I think documenting migration paths is a way to go. Also Windup project
can help here.

> A general issue with parsers is we have them loaded for all versions
> ever supported, could this be an opportunity to switch to some form of
> factory so that appropriate versions can be loaded on demand.

That is good point. We should address this as well as a proper way for
registering transformers,
given that currently only way to do it is via intentionally deprecated API.
Both of this things go to same category, registering / defining extension.