[wildfly-dev] Bring back jboss-admin.sh

Edward Wertz ewertz at redhat.com
Thu May 7 09:41:21 EDT 2015

Hey Darran,

I'm currently working on an upgrade of the AESH console used by the CLI. Mostly to get a more familiarity with the code base, but also to fix some lingering issues and make it easier to create new commands. After that, and possibly some refactoring, I was going to start trying to gather some information about how people use the interface, either CLI or GUI, and what else they'd like it to be able to do. I hadn't given further development too much thought yet though.

Folding in the other script's functionality, like add-user at minimum since it's in wildfly-core, does seem like an obvious place to start when you mention it. If something is going to be called 'the' CLI, after all, it should probably be the only necessary interface. I was already working on getting AESH to handle nested commands. Something simple for the upgrade, but it might be able to expand into something able to act as an entry point for the other script functionality as well.

I'm not sure about how to handle scripts outside of core. But, I suppose that's a bridge to cross after add-user works.

I'll keep this in mind. I might have been trying to think of large enhancements, but the small annoyance of needing to use 2 or 3 different scripts instead of one can easily be just as bad as any missing functionality. It's already there, just badly organized, which is almost worse than it not existing in the first place.

-- Joe