[wildfly-dev] First Alphas of WildFly 10 and WildFly Core 2 have been released

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon May 18 13:54:51 EDT 2015

I've released WildFly 10.0.0.Alpha1 and WildFly Core 2.0.0.Alpha1 and
Alpha2. They are available from the jboss.org maven repository.[1]

The 10.0.0.Alpha1 release is the first in a series of alphas we intend
to release roughly every two weeks.

At this point we don't intend to include these alphas on the normal
wildfly.org download page.[2] However the full distribution zip is
available from the maven repo.[3]

These releases differ from what's in the recent 9.0.0.CR1 release in
four main ways:

1) Bug fixes and component updates that will go into 9.0.0.Final are
included.

2) The build has been changed to require use of JDK 8.

3) Narayana (transactions) was upgraded from 5.0.4 to 5.1.1.

4) A number of miscellaneous changes related to getting the master
branch ready for work on the next major release were made.

To see the full list of resolved issues, see [4].

Best regards,

Senior Principal Software Engineer
JBoss by Red Hat

[1] https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss