[wildfly-dev] Question on frozen management client

Rob Stryker rstryker at redhat.com
Fri May 29 03:25:24 EDT 2015

Hey All:

I've been trying to dig into this for a while but really haven't gotten
very far.   Glance at https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-19641

It seems our client (jbosstools) appears to have frozen while sending a
large war over mgmt api for deployment. Unfortunately, looking at the
stacks doesn't show anything strange. In fact, it seems the transfer is
still in effect.  However, our user indicates that disk activity (ie
transfer) has ceased, and yet the client jar classes have not indicated
the transfer was done or aborted.

The class we use to perform the mgmt publish is
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-server/blob/master/as/plugins/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.management.wildfly8/src/org/jboss/ide/eclipse/as/internal/management/wildfly8/Wildfly8Manager.java

It's pretty simple, but QE is indicating it freezes and after a short
while, nothing happens.

   I was wondering if anyone here might have any insight?  QE indicates
the transfer works fine over jboss-cli, but not in jbt.

Thanks in advance.

- Rob Stryker