[wildfly-dev] Wildfly Redis infinispan cache store

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 11:26:21 EDT 2015

No, not really.

Notions like that have come up a time or two, but I wouldn't say they
are planned.

This seems like primarily a module loading issue. The parent extension
needs to be made aware of the presence of an external module so it can
load classes from it and use those to extend its own management API.
Those classes would implement an SPI provided by the parent extension.
That SPI would be a mix of kernel stuff and stuff specific to the parent
extension

1) specific stuff: things like where "child extension" resources can be
inserted into the parent tree

2) kernel stuff: various support classes / SPIs that all such cases can
use to make these things as consistent as possible.

Senior Principal Software Engineer