[wildfly-dev] WildFly Server IP Address and Port

Arun Gupta arun.gupta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:35:44 EDT 2015

Next issue with this usage ...

Starting the command "/opt/jboss/wildfly/bin/standalone.sh -b
192.168.99.100" inside the container gives the following error ...

22:27:00,265 INFO  [org.xnio.nio] (MSC service thread 1-2) XNIO NIO
Implementation Version 3.3.1.Final
22:27:00,287 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread
1-1) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.network.public:
org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.network.public:
WFLYSRV0082: failed to resolve interface public
at org.jboss.as.server.services.net.NetworkInterfaceService.start(NetworkInterfaceService.java:91)
[wildfly-server-1.0.1.Final.jar:1.0.1.Final]
at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1948)
[jboss-msc-1.2.6.Final.jar:1.2.6.Final]
at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1881)
[jboss-msc-1.2.6.Final.jar:1.2.6.Final]
[rt.jar:1.8.0_51]
[rt.jar:1.8.0_51]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.8.0_51]

This is expected because 192.168.99.100 is IP Address of Docker Host.
Seems like I may have to use the internal IP address. Any thoughts on
how to obtain it?

And even then, not sure if this will allow jboss-cli to return the
publicly exposed IP address, i.e. of Docker Host.

Thoughts?

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me