[wildfly-dev] Regression after WFLY-5298; request#authenticate does nothing now

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 11:14:47 EDT 2015

Hi,

I discovered some more issues originating from 5298:

pre-emptive authentication on a public page doesn't work anymore
either. It still worked fine in WildFly 9.0.1.

This can be easily seen when running the JASPIC tests from
https://github.com/javaee-samples/javaee7-samples/tree/master/jaspic

For the basic authentication tests, the following now fail:

Failed tests:
  testPublicPageNotRememberLogin(org.javaee7.jaspic.basicauthentication.BasicAuthenticationPublicTest)
  testPublicPageLoggedin(org.javaee7.jaspic.basicauthentication.BasicAuthenticationPublicTest)

These tests don't rely on request#authenticate, but depend on
automatic calling of a SAM at the beginning of a request. After manual
inspection it's clear that the SAM is called, but its outcome is not
being applied.

Kind regards,
Arjan