[wildfly-dev] Powershell scripts

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:29:42 EDT 2015

Hey guys,

just heads up, I've managed to prepare[1] all powershell scripts to replace
the aging .bat ones.

New scripts unify most of the shared "code" that all scripts use by
including common.ps1,
and each script only has the code that differs from common behavior they
all share.

As result of move we now have much more reliable and faster scripts that
share common code,
which helps with maintaining a lot.

New scripts (domain.ps1 & standalone.ps1) now support --background (also
controllable via .conf.ps1)
option that runs the process in background and remembers its pid and as
such add support for
feature that until now was only in *nix version of scripts.

I would like to propose this PR for inclusion to WildFly 10. As it doesn't
alter any existing behavior
but just adds & improve the script experience on Windows.

As we get to test and verify that new scripts don't break/include any
currently available option/action
I would also like to remove the batch scripts[2], so they would just do
call out to their .ps1 counter parts.

Once this scripts get merged, I will send PR to also add PS scripts for
WildFly full defined scripts,
given that most of the functionally is already in "common.ps1" new scripts
will be just simple 5 liners [3]

--
tomaz

[1] https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly-core/pull/1118