[wildfly-dev] Fork-Join Pool on WildFly ?

Matthias Wessendorf mwessend at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 03:43:22 EDT 2016

Hi,

w/ Java8 and the Stream API, there is parallelStream(), which is based on
the Fork-Join Pool. With JavaEE there a concurrency util, for managed
threads and executors. However, fork-join is imcompatible with those
managed threads, therefore I think (I hope I am not wrong here) it is NOT
recommended to use parallel streams in JavaEE.

Now, that WildFly-10 is Java8 and later I am wondering if there are plans
to support that; e.g. with a non-standard feature/flag which could enable
it, if desired. Sure that would cause issues regarding portablility, but
still :-)

Just wondering if there are any thoughts around this, for WildFly 10 or 11

Thanks,
Matthias