[wildfly-dev] undertow filters

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Apr 7 10:20:35 EDT 2016

This is what WFCORE-1106 is all about.

The first remove removes the item from the configuration model, but
doesn't remove the MSC service. The MSC service is only removed when you
stop or reload the server. If you try and add the same resource back
without doing the reload, the "add" op tries to install a new service
and that conflicts with the one that is already there.

On 4/6/16 5:59 PM, Claudio Miranda wrote:
> Hi, working with wildfly 10.1 SNAPSHOT, with latest update as of Mar/23
>
> The issue is, add an error-page filter, named error3, remove it, add
> with the same name, it throws an exception of duplicated name, see
> below.
>
> The remove operation, requires a reload, but does it should prevent
> the adding of a item with the same name ? I thought the reload
> operation is necessary only to apply the settings at boot time.
>

> [standalone at localhost:9990 /]
> /subsystem=undertow/configuration=filter/error-page=error3:add(code=402,path="caminho2.html")
> {"outcome" => "success"}
> [standalone at localhost:9990 /]
> /subsystem=undertow/configuration=filter/error-page=error3:remove
> {
>      "outcome" => "success",
>      "response-headers" => {
>          "operation-requires-reload" => true,
>          "process-state" => "reload-required"
>      }
> }
> [standalone at localhost:9990 /]
> /subsystem=undertow/configuration=filter/error-page=error3:add(code=402,path="caminho2.html")
> {
>      "outcome" => "failed",
>      "failure-description" => "WFLYCTL0158: Operation handler failed:
> org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service
> jboss.undertow.filter.error3 is already registered",
>      "rolled-back" => true,
>      "response-headers" => {"process-state" => "reload-required"}
> }

Senior Principal Software Engineer