[wildfly-dev] Elytron integration tests in WildFly testsuite

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Fri Dec 2 06:45:42 EST 2016

Although after my e-mail I hear from Josef they do want to duplicate all ;-)

 From my perspective I think we want to ensure the security tests are
clearly split in some way so we can identify legacy tests and Elytron
tests independently.

When it comes to code review the legacy tests are much more about
backwards compatibility so any changes to those should be given greater
scrutiny.

Secondly we should hit a point where we can remove the old tests so
separation will make that easier.

A package split would be fine but maybe a project split would make it
easier to define which tests are run and when.

Instead maybe we could split it into three: -

basic, basic-legacy-security, basic-security

The two 'security' projects would be the different form of security
testing, maybe the 'basic' project could have an optional profile to
switch it to a 100% legacy config mode.