[wildfly-dev] Elytron integration tests in WildFly testsuite

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Fri Dec 2 10:28:07 EST 2016

+1 doubling the testsuite size/time is not practical. Also, there is the issue that if all tests are duplicated, when people come to enhance an existing test they will need to do so in two places.

Could we not do what was suggested earlier and pull out tests which obviously target security into two legacy/elytron modules, and leave the rest where they are? Then if something later turns out to have 'hidden' implications, that test gets pulled out into the two modules.

Regarding the deprecated legacy stuff, I think we will have to keep that around for many years still due to it being used by the product (and in any case in that branch, although removing it from WF might be possible sooner).