[wildfly-dev] How to avoid depending on corba classes in rt.jar

Michael Musgrove mmusgrov at redhat.com
Wed Jan 20 12:01:26 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Tomasz Adamski <tadamski at redhat.com> wrote:

> > A follow up question is, if we add javax.orb.api as module dependency (in
> > our wildfly transactions subsystem) then at runtime will we be using the
> > classes provided by openjdk-orb?
>
> If we use openjdk-orb in jboss-modules environment we are sure that
> openjdk-orb is used as orb classes are not exported as system packages.

Okay so we are covered in wildfly and EAP which is good to know.

> > Is it the case that we cannot avoid this warning but
> > that we are safe provided at runtime we use the classes in the
> openjdk-orb
> > jar?
>
> In standalone scenario it should work correctly too. I will look wheter
> the error is caused by jdeps tool behaviour or do we indeed have some
> unwanted runtime references to JDK.

In a standalone scenario we are not using modules so the JVM would use
rt.jar unless the user updates the bootclasspath. I do not see how it would
be possible to avoid the jdeps warnings.

> > We probably should rename the packages to avoid confusion. What do you
> think
> > Tomasz?
>
> This can be done but I see one problem: openjdk-orb is a hg repository and
> we have possibility to synchronize it with JDK head if there are some
> changes in ORB code. I would have to script it somehow to preserve such
> possibility. But I agree that it will be nice to do.

I agree it would be nice (but I guess not a must have).

Mike

--
Michael Musgrove
Transactions Team