[wildfly-dev] Blockers for WildFly 10 Final

Renann Prado darkness.renann at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 16:46:39 EST 2016

I've just downloaded Wildfly 10.0.0.Final and it's still not working 100%.

1 - Fill all the fields, but put some wrong information like password, ip,
whatever
2 - Get to the last screen where you can test the connection
3 - Test the connection (and fails)
4 - Go back, fix the connection info with right information
5 - Test connection and still fails (it's using old credentials)

Btw I was also able to see org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException
when I was testing, though I don't have clear steps how to reproduce.
I don't believe the problem is in the web UI.

Another minor issue is that when it fails to test, most of the times (if
not always), regardless of the type of error I get in the server, in web UI
I always get same generic error message:

19:41:01,345 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation]
(management task-5) WFLYCTL0013: Operation ("test-connection-in-pool")
failed - address: ([

    ("subsystem" => "datasources"),

    ("data-source" => "MySqlDS")

]) - failure description: "WFLYJCA0040: failed to invoke operation:
WFLYJCA0047: Connection is not valid"

And when I went to look in the server log:

Caused by: java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: Could not
connect: Access denied for user 'admin'@'192.168.0.107' (using password:
YES)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.get(ExceptionMapper.java:121)

at
org.mariadb.jdbc.internal.util.ExceptionMapper.throwException(ExceptionMapper.java:69)

at org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:110)

at
org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createLocalManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:319)

... 31 more

It would be nice to propagete the correct error to the web UI.

Thanks

Renann Prado