[wildfly-dev] Versions in JBoss Modules

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 13:30:16 EDT 2016

With this PR [1] for issue MODULES-257 [2], JBoss Modules (as of version
1.6.0) will gain the ability to associate a version string with each
module that is defined.  I have not yet merged this PR; I want to see if
anyone has any feedback on the change first.  Of note is that I define a
syntax for versions, as well as a sort order that should be largely
Maven-compatible.  The module version can be queried at run time, will
appear in modules' toString(), and starting in Java 9, should also
appear in stack traces (though this is not certain yet).  Ideally we
will be able to copy version information into our shipped modules when
we build feature packs.

If nobody has any feedback in the next few days, I will go ahead and
merge the change.

[1] https://github.com/jboss-modules/jboss-modules/pull/101
[2] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MODULES-257

--