[wildfly-dev] Transactions requirement during the graceful shutdown

Stuart Douglas stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 19:00:48 EDT 2016

Local transaction creation has to be allowed during graceful shutdown. e.g.
if a web request is in the process of running and it attempts to start a
transaction this must be allowed (the core requirement of graceful shutdown
is that requests that have already been accepted continue to run as normal).

The only case when transactions should be disallowed are remote
transactions, such as remote EJB and CORBA, which I think should already be
dealt with at the respective endpoints (in terms of disallowing new
transaction creation). I think the main thing that needs consideration here
is what to do with EJB requests that would otherwise be rejected that are
part of an existing remote transaction. We probably need some way of
identifying these requests and allowing them to proceed.

Stuart