[wildfly-dev] Transactions requirement during the graceful shutdown

Wolf Fink wfink at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 04:37:46 EDT 2016

Also I expect EJB chains working, I mean the following sequences
- remote->EJB (@NotSupported @Supports - no Tx started) -> internal EJB (no
matter whether called via Local/Remote interface) with @ReqNew or @Required
- remote->EJB (any Tx started @Supports @Required @RequiresNew @Mandatory)
-> internal EJB (no matter whether called via Local/Remote interface)
@RequiresNew

I'm not sure about this use-case with a client (no matter whether it is a
standalone app or another server)
- client starts a Tx
- client call EJB1 in Tx which return
- -> start Graceful shutdown
- client call EJB2 in the same Tx
  - maybe EJB2 is annotated with @RequiresNew and need to suspend Tx1 and
start a new one to succeed

My expectation and hope is that such scenario is possible to continue and
finish successfully.

Wolf