[wildfly-dev] Seeing NPE in org.jboss.as.weld.ejb.StatefulSessionObjectReferenceImpl.isRemoved() during NoSQL testing, how to fix?

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 12:23:45 EDT 2016

Often when running a NoSQL unit test, I'm seeing a NPE in
org.jboss.as.weld.ejb.StatefulSessionObjectReferenceImpl.isRemoved().  I
understand that we should never allow a NullPointerException to be
thrown, however, does anyone know what the correct course of action
should be?  Ensuring that ejbComponent.getCache() never returns null
could be one approach.  Or perhaps callers to ejbComponent.getCache()
should check for null being returned.  Could there be a missing
application dependency on the cache?

StatefulSessionObjectReferenceImpl currently contains:

@Override
public boolean isRemoved() {
   if (!removed) {
     return !ejbComponent.getCache().contains(id);
   }
   return true;
}

Thanks,