[wildfly-dev] Pretty-printing XML validation errors

Jason Greene jason.greene at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 14:29:22 EDT 2016

> On Jul 20, 2016, at 5:49 PM, Aleksandar Kostadinov <akostadi at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Brian Stansberry wrote on 07/20/16 20:23:
>>
>>> On Jul 20, 2016, at 8:59 AM, Aleksandar Kostadinov
>>> <akostadi at redhat.com <mailto:akostadi at redhat.com>> wrote:

>>> Excuse my ignorance if this is already taken care of. But last time I
>>> looked, using whatever management API was not very nice for container
>>> runtime. i.e. configuration changed through API was not persisted.
>>> I am wondering if this is already fixed somehow or is at least somebody
>>> considering it as an important use case (I think it should).
>>
>> Persisting server configuration changes made via the supported
>> management APIs back to the config file has been done in AS 7.0 and
>> later. Its a fundamental requirement.
>
> I should have explained better. The config is saved on container. But
> container being stateless loses changes on restart. At least for
> OpenShift v2 that has been an issue.
>
> Shame on me I didn't look at OpenShift v3 integration. I'm not sure how
> it is handled there. Perhaps I should have done my homework before
> hijacking the thread. Sorry about that. Hopefully I can check wildfly on
> v3 next week.

Currently, in the case of OS/docker you would typically stage your config in advance, so you would use the CLI to author the config which is then included in your image.

Note that since 10 we have offline CLI, which allows you to use management ops without a running server.

--
Jason T. Greene
JBoss, a division of Red Hat