[wildfly-dev] HTTP/2 out of the box in Wildfly 10.1

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Jun 6 17:28:12 EDT 2016

Darran,

Do you have any concerns about supporting an equivalent-or-better
variant of this in the Elytron subsystem for core 3.0 / WildFly 11?

AIUI the change Stuart describes below will become a "legacy" feature
once Elytron is in, so if people want to use Elytron (which we very much
want and it's our planned default) they'll want an equivalent feature.

I know you guys are planning to do stuff like this; I just want to
confirm it will be done for 11, since otherwise not having it will be a
barrier to people moving off the old stuff.

On 6/2/16 3:01 PM, Stuart Douglas wrote:
> So I guess we should talk about how this should actually work.
>
> In terms of auto generating the key I was thinking we would need to add
> a new attribute to the 'keystore' element under the security realm,
> something like 'auto-generate-cert-host="localhost"'. I am not sure what
> other options we would need, or how configurable we should make it, but
> as this is for testing/development purposes I don't think we need to
> expose full control over the certificate generation process.
>
> In terms of the implementation we could just implement an SSLContext
> wrapper, that can do the generation and then create a 'real' SSLContext
> the first time it is asked to create and SSLEngine.
>
> Stuart
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 3:19 AM, Jason Greene <jason.greene at redhat.com
> <mailto:jason.greene at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>     > On Jun 2, 2016, at 11:29 AM, Harold Campbell <hcamp at muerte.net <mailto:hcamp at muerte.net>> wrote:
>     >
>     > On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 09:22 +1000, Stuart Douglas wrote:
>     >> Hi All,
>     >>
>     >> I would like to propose that we add support for HTTP/2 out of the box
>     >> in Wildfly 10.1.
>     >>
>     >
>     > This lowly user desperately wants a release containing the fix to WFLY-
>     > 6283 sooner rather than later. I'm sure other people have other pet
>     > bugs awaiting release.
>     >
>     > I have no opinion on HTTP/2 being added other than to ask that pent up
>     > bug fixes be kept in mind.
>

>     Hi Harold,
>
>     That fix is already in master, so it will be included in 10.1.
>
>     --
>     Jason T. Greene
>     WildFly Lead / JBoss EAP Platform Architect
>     JBoss, a division of Red Hat

Senior Principal Software Engineer