[wildfly-dev] Module slots may be deprecated

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 02:18:31 EDT 2016

In Infinispan we actually use both approaches (with and without slots).

We use slots when creating modules for WF/EAP [1][2]. The idea is to copy
them directly into the modules directory and use in your deployment. Note
that we want to be able to put multiple versions there (like *ispn-8.2* and
*ispn-9.0* for example).

The default slot is used for WF Clustering and when we create our own
HotRod server [3].

I think those changes look fine and everything should still work as it did
before.

Thanks
Sebastian

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/tree/master/as-modules/embedded