[wildfly-dev] is <server name=""> supposed to be the same as -Djboss.node.name?

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 17:56:03 EDT 2016

> Dear John,
>
> Suppose you have two JBoss instances running on one (the same) host (using
> e.g. port offset) identifying both would be done by explicitly setting the
> jboss.node.name so this is expected behavior. Otherwise there would be a
> conflict. (In our development stage we have over 30 JBoss servers running
> on the same host, all being tied up to JGroups).

In that case, both of your servers would have identical "name" values (your hostname). That seems "odd" in that the name for multiple servers are the same - so their "name"s are not unique - but perhaps that is why WF 10 introduced the UUID attribute?

Still, not sure why the discrepancy between jboss.node.name and <server name> - you would think they both would behave the same, but do not.