[wildfly-dev] Capabilities and capability-reference not registered in github

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 17:55:23 EDT 2016

There can be a few reasons for that.

One is capabilities can require others without a reference attrribute in the model. (I think such attributes what you meant by capability-reference.) Capabilities that are not dynamically named (i.e. there’s only one of the type) are not referenced via attributes. A number of things for example require org.wildfly.management.jmx.

Another is the introduction of capabilities in the code is incomplete, so things may still use other services without having done the proper wiring via capabilities.

A third is only a capability can require a capability. That means if something needs a capability it itself has to register a capability. We need to know who the dependents are so we know what will happen if a depended-on capability is removed. But it’s possible no other capability will require the dependent. It’s debatable but I think that’s ok. For example org,wildly.jsr77 depends on org.wildfly.management.jmx but nothing depends on it. But it seems useful to me to know that a server has capability org,wildly.jsr77 present.