[wildfly-dev] Copy artifact jar with some files filtered out during wildfly feature build?

Lin Gao lgao at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 03:49:26 EDT 2016

Hi,

  There is an issue on composing native bits of Artemis during wildfly full-feature-pack build, that the 'libartemis-native.so' is duplicated.
One is at: 'modules/system/layers/base/org/apache/activemq/artemis/main/lib/linux-/libartemis-native-.so', and another is at: 'lib/linux-i686/libartemis-native-.so' in the artemis-native.jar file.

  The duplication of the native bits will confuse the user which one is actually used, and which one to patch in case of one-off.

  IMHO, we can add support in wildfly-build-tool to copy a jar file with some files excluded, so that we can filter out the 'libartemis-native-.so' in the artemis-native.jar during the wildfly-full-featch-pack build, like:

  <copy-artifact artifact="org.apache.activemq:artemis-native" to-location="modules/system/layers/base/org/apache/activemq/artemis/main/" extract="FALSE">  <!-- Sets extract to false with some filters defined. -->
    <filter pattern="*" include="true"/>
    <filter pattern="lib/*" include="false" />
  </copy-artifact>

  Do you guys think it makes sense?

Best Regards
--