[wildfly-dev] Module aliases and deprecation

Sanne Grinovero sanne at hibernate.org
Wed May 4 08:43:04 EDT 2016

On 4 May 2016 at 13:32, Tomaž Cerar <tomaz.cerar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that, so just add that property to alias module.

Ok, I tried that but then it fails parsing the alias module.
Apparently the schema for a module-alias doesn't allow properties.

> But I think that adding that metadata to alias will *not* result in WARN
> message at boot time if anyone is using the module.
> AFAIR doing ModuleLoader.loadModule(aliasModule)
> will return the module to which alias is pointing to, as result we cannot
> read metadata of the alias directly.
> David can correct me about this.

Our need is only short lived, so no big deal to not have such a thing.

Although I would think others might need such a mechanism too?

Let me know if it's worth opening a feature request.

Thanks,
Sanne